HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016 to all of you my family of friends,
Last night I was asked by one of the young students a very simple question: “What have you learnt in 2015 in ten sentences?”
I will say now that he was drunk and very direct.
Anyway, I was impressed by the question and replied that I have learnt that if I wish to be successful and happy I need to water my garden FIRST and not others’ people gardens.
Before I share my 10 I like to share some things I think he should realize first:
What he should realize is that AGE doesn’t matter at all. Age is a matter of the mind – if you mind you age. I think he will find throughout life that this is such an opportunity to go study a language in a foreign country at any age; pass on the “NORM” and take chances constantly to try new things, learn, travel, meet new people, make new friends, be alone, experience the ups and downs and expand.
Nonetheless, his reply made me think a little more and write this message with my 10 lessons that I have learnt:
- I have learnt that I am brave and keep on fulfilling my destiny,
- I have learnt that I am original, a free thinker, expanding each day,
- I have learnt how little it takes to live (a good lesson),
- I have learnt that I care, I give, I support, I add to people, to be playful, to reach out to others and participate in meaningful conversations – to me that is a valuable life.
- I have learnt that for me being happy is the purpose we are put on this earth, and it is by helping each other – You are all my flowers and your gardens are for me to water.
- I have learnt that there are friends and that there are friends. And YES that I have a few life-long friends that are the world to me.
- Surprise, surprise, surprise…..I do impact others. That was something I did not see before. There are people who really love and enjoy me. If I go away, it matters to some people.
- I HAVE A DREAM!
And I LIVE IT! I AM THE DREAM! … This is who I am. I am a WRITER,
Now, it is for me to write.
I am a WRITER,
As I chose to be,
And I will do my best to be one,
And as best as I can be,
And I will publish as many books as to inspire as many people, touch and fill your hearts with JOY, LOVE and HAPPINESS!!!
9. A banana a day takes the stress away!
10. My message to you: Grow, expand, share, live ups and downs, love, laugh, play, participate, find your purpose and do it.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE: those 1-5 lessons are not my direct words but yours. These I have learnt from you my friends, and I am so grateful for having you in my life, keeping my energy levels up and not letting me give up or loose hope. Thank you!
And… now that I shared from my heart, as I see you all as my family of friends, let me ask you:
WHO ARE YOU?
What makes you complete? … do you have the guts to tell?
WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNT FROM THIS LIFE IN 10 SENTENCES???